I’m putting together an entry for ‘Summer Shorts’ which has a domestic violence theme (I’ll share that too once finished), as such I have found myself researching a few things and came across an article regarding a change in the law which means any psychological abuse is also now illegal – a new crime of coercive control, introduced in December 2015, widened the net to cover a host of other types of domestic abuse.
Did you know your partner can no longer legally do the following things:
1. Share sexually explicit images of you.
2. Restrict your access to money.
3. Continually put you down.
4. Stop you seeing friends and family.
5. Scare you.
6. Threaten to reveal private things about you.
7. Use tracking software on your phone.
8. Be extremely jealous.
9. Make you obey their rules.
10. Control what your wear.
11. Force you to do things you don’t want to do.
More details are included in the following article https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/domestic-abuse-partner-cant-do-14543776
If you have any worries about your relationship, please seek advice https://www.refuge.org.uk/