Win 2 VIP Tickets to Taste of London Festival 2013, plus one night’s accommodation in London with breakfast and travel.
Recipe Entry Requirements:
- The dish also MUST be made with oatmeal and not rolled oats. This can be coarse, medium or fine but it has to be oatmeal as per the rules of the Golden Spurtle competition.
- The dish needs to be easily prepared in under 30 mins alongside the traditional Porridge that The Porridge Lady will be preparing.
- All the ingredients in the recipe mustn’t be too difficult to source.
- Closing date 14.9.2012.
For more information on the Golden Spurtle Championships and to read the full rules, visit the website http://www.goldenspurtle.com/competition/rules/
The 19th annual World Porridge Making Championships take place on Saturday 6th October 2012. As Britain’s longest established miller of oats, Mornflake are inviting everyone to suggest recipe ideas to be entered into the competition.
They will select their favourite dish together with Anna Louise Batchelor, aka The Porridge Lady. The chosen recipe will then be cooked by The Porridge Lady for the 2012 Championships under the Speciality Selection category.
The Porridge Lady said: “I am really excited to see what recipes people will enter. Oats Oatmeal are really versatile so I am hoping that we see some creative ideas. Oatmeal can be used for more than just basic porridge for example an American entrant last year entered Black Bean Porridge Patties, which looked delicious.”
- Two VIP tickets to Taste of London Festival 2013 between 20th-23rd June 2013.
- One nights accommodation in a central London hotel for two people including breakfast.
- £100 towards travel costs.
- Your recipe being entered into the Championships by The Porridge Lady.
- A Mornflake hamper of goodies.
RUNNERS UP: A Mornflake hamper of goodies will also be awarded to two runners up.
How to make Veggie Burgers
· 100g ground walnuts
· 100g ground hazelnuts
· 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
· 50g flour
· 5ml dried basil
· 1 large onion, diced
· 1 free-range egg
· 30ml corn, soy or sesame oil
· 30ml Oats
· 30ml sesame seeds
1. Mix together all the ingredients except for the oats and sesame seeds. Shape into 4 burgers.
2. Mix together the oats and sesame seeds. Roll the burgers in the mixture until well coated.
3. Cook under a moderate grill for 12 minutes each side until cooked through and browned.
I love cooking with oats as they are so good for you and personally I love the taste of them. Oats are also rumoured to help eczema suffers and my oldest son has had eczema all of his life so we try to include oats in recipes whenever we can!
This recipe was supplied to me by Mornflake Oats, it is not a sponsored post – just a recipe I liked the look of!